Latest News »More News »
- Oct 03 Lawmakers, union leaders want MBTA privatization reigned in The MBTA privatization debate may change course after lawmakers urged their colleagues Monday to start... (Metro)
- Aug 24 FAA airport privatization program grounded by financing concerns Only two airports have been privatized since the law was enacted, and one of them,... (Bond Buyer,)
- Jul 12 Privatization Is Changing America's Relationship With Its Physical Stuff Turning more and more infrastructure projects over to outside companies makes citizens more like customers.... (The Atlantic)
- Jul 06 Oregon hired a company to paint the Ross Island Bridge without knowing its safety record. Then a worker fell. The company's track record includes accidents that killed and injured workers who were not wearing... (The Oregonian)
- Jun 06 Asset recycling may look new and exciting. But it's the last gasp of a failed model Donald Trump wants to privatise public assets and use the profit to fund other projects.... (The Guardian)
- May 26 Trump Administration To Cities And States: “The Bigger The Thing You Privatize, The More Money We’ll Give You.” Trump’s long-promised $1 trillion investment in America’s infrastructure turned out to be stealth privatization after... ( Huffington Post)
In Action »More In Action »
- Jul 11 School Bus Privatization Blocked in Maryland’s Second-Largest District The members of Local 2250 organized and wrote hundreds of letters to school board members... (Blog)
- Mar 20 We Mourn the Loss of Our CSEA Brother AFSCME mourns the loss of a CSEA Region 5 brother, Dennis “Matt” Howe, a New... (Blog)
- Sep 14 PennDOT Worker, AFSCME Member Loses Life on the Job AFSCME mourns the loss of a Pennsylvania member who died in a worksite accident. (Blog)
- Jan 16 CSEA Member’s Quick Thinking Saves a Life Jay Gonzalez was not just in the right place at the right time, he was also the right person to save a child’s life.
- Oct 02 Off the Streets and into the Fire Jay Richards, a Boston parking enforcement supervisor, acted on instinct when he rushed into a burning condo. The result? A life saved.
- Sep 29 AFSCME Florida Steps in to Help Member Who Lost Home to Hurricane Irma This Florida member can’t return to her home due to the damage caused by Hurricane Irma. She’s grateful for the help and attention provided by AFSCME Florida.