Latest News »More News »
- Nov 10 $300 Billion War Beneath the Street: Fighting to Replace America’s Water Pipes Two powerful industries, plastic and iron, are locked in a lobbying war over the estimated... (New York Times)
- Aug 02 Operators picked for privatized state parks near Delta The Alaska Division of Parks and Recreation announced earlier this summer that, because of budget... (newsminer.com)
- Jul 21 City manager: Corbin will collect it’s own garbage Corbin City Manager Marlon Sams announced Tuesday that after reviewing the proposals from Poff Carting... (News Journal)
- Jul 14 Atlantic City Votes To Protect Its Water From Chris Christie On Tuesday, the Atlantic City Council unanimously passed an ordinance to ensure its residents get... (Alternet)
- Jul 12 Privatization Is Changing America's Relationship With Its Physical Stuff Turning more and more infrastructure projects over to outside companies makes citizens more like customers.... (The Atlantic)
- Jul 08 Towns sell their public water systems — and come to regret it Neglected water infrastructure is a national plague. By one estimate, U.S. water systems need to... (The Washington Post)
In Action »More In Action »
- Nov 18 Tulsa Water Distribution Admin Is ‘Awesome Person’ and Problem Solver Laura Chance of Oklahoma Local 1180, works behind the scenes to make sure employees of Tulsa’s water department have everything they need to keep the water distribution system up and running.
- Oct 16 Quick Thinking, Decisive Action Save Connecticut Member’s Life Heroic actions by his alert, quick-thinking colleagues saved a Connecticut member’s life after he suffered... (Blog)
- Aug 30 Remembering Brother Baxter Leach, A 1968 Memphis Sanitation Striker We celebrate the life of Brother Baxter Leach, a 1968 Memphis sanitation striker, who remained a labor and civil rights activist until his death this week.
- Aug 07 At Long Last, LA County Sanitation Employees Secure a Fair Contract Guaranteed pay raises and no pension cuts are key provisions in a contract won by... (Blog)
- Jul 29 Cool Under Pressure Never Quit Service Award winner Joe Martinez stays cool under pressure while fixing the Los Angeles County Fire Department’s helicopters.
- Jul 24 At Last. Congress Authorizes Permanent 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Congress has authorized permanent funding for the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund after years of efforts... (Blog)