Latest News »More News »
- Nov 10 $300 Billion War Beneath the Street: Fighting to Replace America’s Water Pipes Two powerful industries, plastic and iron, are locked in a lobbying war over the estimated... (New York Times)
- Aug 02 Operators picked for privatized state parks near Delta The Alaska Division of Parks and Recreation announced earlier this summer that, because of budget... (newsminer.com)
- Jul 21 City manager: Corbin will collect it’s own garbage Corbin City Manager Marlon Sams announced Tuesday that after reviewing the proposals from Poff Carting... (News Journal)
- Jul 14 Atlantic City Votes To Protect Its Water From Chris Christie On Tuesday, the Atlantic City Council unanimously passed an ordinance to ensure its residents get... (Alternet)
- Jul 12 Privatization Is Changing America's Relationship With Its Physical Stuff Turning more and more infrastructure projects over to outside companies makes citizens more like customers.... (The Atlantic)
- Jul 08 Towns sell their public water systems — and come to regret it Neglected water infrastructure is a national plague. By one estimate, U.S. water systems need to... (The Washington Post)
In Action »More In Action »
- Aug 30 Remembering Brother Baxter Leach, A 1968 Memphis Sanitation Striker We celebrate the life of Brother Baxter Leach, a 1968 Memphis sanitation striker, who remained a labor and civil rights activist until his death this week.
- Aug 07 At Long Last, LA County Sanitation Employees Secure a Fair Contract Guaranteed pay raises and no pension cuts are key provisions in a contract won by... (Blog)
- Jul 29 Cool Under Pressure Never Quit Service Award winner Joe Martinez stays cool under pressure while fixing the Los Angeles County Fire Department’s helicopters.
- Jul 24 At Last. Congress Authorizes Permanent 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Congress has authorized permanent funding for the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund after years of efforts... (Blog)
- May 14 Because They Never Quit, Florida Workers Won Back Pay Case Members and retirees of AFSCME Local 161 never quit, and now they’ve won a back... (Blog)
- Apr 16 Survivors of Fallen Member Gain Health Coverage Thanks to AFSCME Deceased AFSCME member Robert Scully’s family now has health insurance, thanks to Local 2960. (Blog)