Latest News »More News »
- Nov 10 $300 Billion War Beneath the Street: Fighting to Replace America’s Water Pipes Two powerful industries, plastic and iron, are locked in a lobbying war over the estimated... (New York Times)
- Aug 02 Operators picked for privatized state parks near Delta The Alaska Division of Parks and Recreation announced earlier this summer that, because of budget... (newsminer.com)
- Jul 21 City manager: Corbin will collect it’s own garbage Corbin City Manager Marlon Sams announced Tuesday that after reviewing the proposals from Poff Carting... (News Journal)
- Jul 14 Atlantic City Votes To Protect Its Water From Chris Christie On Tuesday, the Atlantic City Council unanimously passed an ordinance to ensure its residents get... (Alternet)
- Jul 12 Privatization Is Changing America's Relationship With Its Physical Stuff Turning more and more infrastructure projects over to outside companies makes citizens more like customers.... (The Atlantic)
- Jul 08 Towns sell their public water systems — and come to regret it Neglected water infrastructure is a national plague. By one estimate, U.S. water systems need to... (The Washington Post)
In Action »More In Action »
- Nov 30 CSEA Workers Get Creative, Help FBI Catch Suspected Child Pornographer These CSEA workers would’ve made MacGyver proud for the way they helped the FBI solve a crime.
- Sep 10 Minnesota’s Mark Ditsch is a Cheerful Warrior for his Community Our latest Never Quit Service Award winner is Minnesota mild.
- Aug 23 Keeping Baltimore’s Water in Public Hands AFSCME leads fight to bar the sale of the city’s water utility.
- Jun 14 Strong Relationships, Member Solidarity Net Strong Contract in Northern CA Workers at the East Bay Municipal Utility District in northern California have won a new... (Blog)
- Jun 01 City of Ann Arbor AFSCME Workers Notch Big Anti-Outsourcing Victory AFSCME members who work for the city of Ann Arbor, Michigan, notched a big victory... (Blog)
- May 24 #Throwback Thursday: Mike Rachford Meet AFSCME Retiree Mike Rachford, our latest #Throwback Thursday spotlight.