Latest News »More News »
- Oct 20 The federal workforce is ‘deeply in jeopardy,’ expert says The specter of privatization is looming large in the minds of federal unions, who fear... ( Federal News Radio)
- Oct 05 KOSE demands active shooter training following shooting at Dept of Revenue office Sadly, all indications are that the private building that houses the Department of Revenue offices... (KWCH)
- Aug 16 With New P3, Delaware Partially Privatizes Economic Development Tentatively called the Delaware Prosperity Partnership, the new nonprofit will be responsible for recruiting new... (Governing)
- Mar 10 House votes to abolish one of Gov. Rick Scott’s prized agencies, Enterprise Florida The Florida House shrugged off political threats from Gov. Rick Scott and stuck a dagger... (Miami Herald)
- Feb 18 Effort to privatize economic development questioned The Rauner administration’s year-old move to privatize state economic development has been rocked by the... (State Journal-Registe)
- Nov 02 Statement by AFSCME President Lee Saunders and UAW President Dennis Williams on the Obama Administration’s plan to assist Puerto Rico
In Action »More In Action »
- May 09 Honoring the Everyday Heroes of Public Service During Public Service Recognition Week, we all should take a moment to extend our thanks... (Blog)
- May 01 Assistant Attorneys General Win Right to Collectively Bargain With the full force of WFSE behind them, AAGs were finally able to secure collective... (Blog)
- Mar 06 Fighting for Better Working Conditions in San Mateo County Our Local 829 sisters and brothers with San Mateo County’s Human Services Agency unit started their two-day strike on Tuesday, calling on county management to offer them a fair contract.
- Feb 19 She Has Her Community’s Back; Her Union Has Hers Amy Meredith, an assistant district attorney at the Travis County, Texas, District Attorney’s Office, has been keeping her community safe by prosecuting some of Travis County’s most violent criminals.
- Jan 23 The Real Story of the Shutdown Hundreds of thousands of federal workers are just days away from missing their second paycheck... (Blog)
- Nov 01 Fierce Unity and Determination Mark Contract Win for Southern Illinois County Workers Members of AFSCME Local 2464 (Council 31), county workers from Southern Illinois’ Jackson County, won... (Blog)