Latest News »More News »
- Jun 09 Editorial: A Model for Juvenile Detention Reform States are sending fewer children to juvenile correctional facilities, partly in response to research showing... (New York Times)
- Jun 05 New Film Decries The Return Of Debtors Prisons In Alabama, Georgia, and other Southern states, many local governments have signed contracts with for-profit... (The Huffington Post)
- May 30 States take steps to reduce sexual assault in prisons The majority of U.S. states and territories are taking steps to reduce sexual assaults in... (Washington Post)
- Apr 15 U.S. Supreme Court Might Take Up Rick Scott's "Drug Test Everyone" Plan Gov. Rick Scott's plan to randomly drug test every single state employee in Florida --... (Miami News Times)
- Apr 10 AFSCME President Blasts House Approval of Budget for Wealthy AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders released the following statement following the House approval of the budget drafted by Rep. Paul Ryan. (Press Release)
- Jan 28 Costs of Privatization Hidden in Plain Sight Services and infrastructure have been privatized, even though keeping them public is the better choice.... (Truthout )
In Action »More In Action »
- Mar 16 New Mexico State Employees Make the Case for Wage Increases New Mexico public service workers are celebrating pay raises for state workers, made possible by AFSCME’s effective advocacy.
- Jan 28 ‘Rockman’ Returns Home to Serve His Community Jeffrey Julius, a juvenile probation officer, has dedicated his career to getting Miami’s kids on the right path.
- Apr 18 Public Safety at Risk from Malloy ‘Austerity’ AFSCME members in Connecticut are fighting to prevent state employee layoffs and deep cuts to... (Blog)
- Oct 01 AFSCME Public Safety: We Fight, We Win
- Sep 17 Big Win for Largest U.S. Probation Department The LA County Deputy Probation Officers Union/AFSCME Local 685 overwhelmingly voted in favor of a... (Blog)
- Sep 14 Public Safety Congress Gets AFSCME Strong Hundreds of AFSCME first responders gathered in Albuquerque, N.M., for the 2015 Public Safety Congress... (Blog)