In Action »More In Action »
- May 09 Protecting Nurses During National Nurses Week Under the Workplace Violence Prevention bill, which was re-introduced in Congress earlier this year, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) would require employers to develop and implement plans to prevent on-the-job violence.
- Mar 19 State Nurses Find Power in Numbers Feeling empowered as they fight for collective bargaining rights, some state-employed nurses in Nevada are... (Blog)
- Jul 14 Southern California Nurse is First to Register “We’re very excited to be here to support the labor movement in fighting for worker rights,” said Zackos. “This is a really significant time in our history."
- May 10 Thank a Nurse During Nurses Week Nurses Week is a chance to thank nurses for all they do for their patients and their communities.
- Mar 12 Talk About a Monster Commute Public service workers often can’t afford to live where they work and so have to undertake long commutes. That includes people like AFSCME California member Bernadette Price, whose story was televised nationally.
- Feb 06 California Nurses Bring a Better Hospital to their Community New year, new contract for more than 700 AFSCME-represented nurses at a California hospital. (Blog)
Latest News »More News »
- Apr 27 Lobbying ramp-up precedes mental health funding proposal Physical health insurers ramped up lobbying operations and far out-spent their behavioral health counterparts in... (Lansing State Journal)
- Jul 01 Remarks by the President on the Zika Virus
- Apr 27 TX: Failed Hospital Deal Reveals Ties to Janek Three years ago, a company called Geo Care Inc. failed to win a contract from... (MyHighPlains.com)
- Oct 22 Tightened Guidance for U.S. Healthcare Workers on Personal Protective Equipment for Ebola The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is tightening previous infection control guidance for... (CDC)
- Apr 15 U.S. Supreme Court Might Take Up Rick Scott's "Drug Test Everyone" Plan Gov. Rick Scott's plan to randomly drug test every single state employee in Florida --... (Miami News Times)
- Apr 10 AFSCME President Blasts House Approval of Budget for Wealthy AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders released the following statement following the House approval of the budget drafted by Rep. Paul Ryan. (Press Release)