Latest News »More News »
- Oct 31 Letter: Privatizing library would be a mistake Vineland Public Library is in danger of becoming privatized by an out-of-state company which claimed... (The Daily Journal)
- Jun 23 Efforts to privatize library management ended A plan to seek requests for proposals to outsource the management of Prince William County’s... (ptomoaclocal.com)
- May 18 CA: Library union illustrates their opposition to privatization Union members joined in the fight against the possibility of privatizing local libraries with the... (The Kern Golden Empire)
- Apr 15 U.S. Supreme Court Might Take Up Rick Scott's "Drug Test Everyone" Plan Gov. Rick Scott's plan to randomly drug test every single state employee in Florida --... (Miami News Times)
- Apr 10 AFSCME President Blasts House Approval of Budget for Wealthy AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders released the following statement following the House approval of the budget drafted by Rep. Paul Ryan. (Press Release)
- Mar 26 California Governor Appoints a Journalist to Be the State Librarian Librarians expressed concerns that a non-librarian would be appointed as state librarian. (MCCLATCHY NEWS )
In Action »More In Action »
- Apr 09 AFSCME Celebrates National Library Workers Day On National Library Workers Day, discover how AFSCME library workers meet their communities’ ever-evolving library needs.
- Jul 02 Camden County Library Workers Ratify Contract After a Year of Activism “Being really public about our value and doing community outreach to educate folks on what... (Blog)
- Apr 10 Thank a Library Worker Today Today is National Library Workers Day, which means it’s a great day to thank a library staff member.
- Sep 12 Rikers Island Inmates Say ‘Thanks’ to a Dedicated Library Worker The stacks of handwritten thank-you notes for the NY Public Library’s mobile library and literacy... (Blog)
- Aug 18 On the Digital Information Highway, Librarians Never Stop Serving their Communities Meet AFSCME-represented librarians in Portland, Oregon, who are working hard to bridge the digital divide in their community.
- Jul 10 New York Librarian Brings Books to Homeless Children At a time when public services, including libraries, are under attack, it’s up to AFSCME members who never quit to keep our communities strong – people like Colbert Nembhard.