AFSCME is honored to support the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum Foundation in recognition of those law enforcement officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty for the safety and protection of others.Learn More »
After a decisive election, 325 police officers in Greater Salt Lake City, Utah, will now be represented by The Unified Police Federation/AFSCME Local 45 (Federation).Read more »
During the 2011 AFSCME Public Safety Congress, over 400 AFSCME-represented corrections and law enforcement employees gathered in Houston to arm themselves with the tools and information needed to defend themselves on the job and build their union.See Video, Photos, Blog Posts and More »
Funding uncertain for federal public safety programs.
Dial 877-267-2485 now and urge your members of Congress to oppose cuts to critical public safety programs such as COPS, SCAAP and Byrne-JAG.Read more »
- Sep 11 Catching a Suspected Killer The suspected “Tinder serial killer” has been arrested – thanks to the work of a... (Blog)
- Sep 04 New Mexico Public Safety Officers on Front Lines of Compound Raid Taos County sheriff’s deputies were part of a team of authorities who rescued 11 children... (Blog)
- Jun 25 Road Tripping to Graduation To celebrate his AFSCME Free College graduation, John Caudell journeyed from Hawaii to Ohio, where his graduation ceremony was held.
- May 17 From East to West, AFSCME Law Enforcement Officers Never Quit
- May 16 We Honor the Fallen During Law Enforcement Week We honor two AFSCME members who made the ultimate sacrifice for their communities last year.
- May 07 Calm in a Crisis Never Quit Award winner Bruce Mazzone, a police dispatcher in Oneonta, New York, safely brought an armed confrontation to a peaceful end.
- May 08 Alaska Trooper Wins AFSCME Award, and Governor Takes Notice Anne Sears won the Never Quit Service Award for her extraordinary service helping victims of...
- May 01 Bill Guaranteeing Health Coverage for Families of Fallen Officers Passes in Alaska After three years of pressure, AFSCME members in Alaska persuaded the legislature to pass a...
- Mar 09 In Memoriam – Kevin M. Haverly, Deputy Sheriff, Greene County, New York AFSCME is mourning the loss of Deputy Sheriff Kevin M. Haverly of Greene County, New...
If you have any questions or comments please email JHowell@afscme.org.