Latest News »More News »
- Mar 06 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on the West Virginia Teachers’ Strike
- Jul 13 School board rejects plan to privatize food services At a contentious July 6 meeting, the board rejected a bid by Chartwells, a food-... (Long Beach Herald)
- Apr 27 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Trump Executive Order on the Role of Federal Government in Education
- Feb 01 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on DeVos Nomination
- Aug 22 John Oliver: Failing Charter Schools May Ruin Kids’ Futures Charter schools receive approximately $7,000 per enrolled student, and the lack of oversight in some... (Inverse)
- Aug 15 OP-ED: PRIVATIZING PUBLIC SCHOOL CUSTODIANS AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT As members of the Healthy Schools Now coalition, we are concerned about the impact of... (NJ Spotlight)
In Action »More In Action »
- Apr 18 It’s Back to School for OAPSE Members The strike’s over at OAPSE Local 390 at Claymont City Schools in Ohio now that... (Blog)
- Apr 08 Solidarity prevails in Rockford privatization fight When members of AFSCME Local 1275 (Council 31) stood as one and said no to... (Blog)
- Mar 27 84 School Employees in Ohio on Strike for Fair Wages, Insurance Lacking a contract for almost two years, OAPSE members working at Claymont City Schools in... (Blog)
- Mar 19 In Florida’s Manatee County, A Strong Contract Underscores Worker Power Support staff at one Florida school system won a historic contract.
- Mar 08 AFSCME Joins ‘Fund Our Future’ Campaign in Support of Quality Public Education The ambitious new effort launched by the American Federation of Teachers seeks high-quality public education for all.
- Mar 01 Standing Strong with Oakland Teachers AFSCME in Northern California is standing in solidarity with striking teachers in Oakland. Find out why.