Latest News »More News »
- Mar 06 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on the West Virginia Teachers’ Strike
- Jul 13 School board rejects plan to privatize food services At a contentious July 6 meeting, the board rejected a bid by Chartwells, a food-... (Long Beach Herald)
- Apr 27 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Trump Executive Order on the Role of Federal Government in Education
- Feb 01 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on DeVos Nomination
- Aug 22 John Oliver: Failing Charter Schools May Ruin Kids’ Futures Charter schools receive approximately $7,000 per enrolled student, and the lack of oversight in some... (Inverse)
- Aug 15 OP-ED: PRIVATIZING PUBLIC SCHOOL CUSTODIANS AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT As members of the Healthy Schools Now coalition, we are concerned about the impact of... (NJ Spotlight)
In Action »More In Action »
- Sep 17 New York Teacher’s Assistant Goes Above and Beyond for Blind Child The latest Never Quit Service Award winner is Mandy Roberts-Amo, a teacher’s assistant in upstate New York. Learn more about the valuable role she plays in the life of a legally blind child.
- Jul 25 Learning in Limbo Congress needs to fully fund the IDEA program so devoted educators like New York’s Mandy... (Blog)
- Jul 11 School Bus Privatization Blocked in Maryland’s Second-Largest District The members of Local 2250 organized and wrote hundreds of letters to school board members... (Blog)
- Jun 28 At Rogers High School in Minnesota, Special Ed Students Find a Safe Place in Becky Grupa “She just makes it so easy for kids to learn because she puts them at ease and lets them know that it’s okay if you don’t know something."
- Jun 07 Members of FL Local Help Secure the Futures of Those They Serve Local 3025, whose members work at the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind, awarded... (Blog)
- Apr 18 It’s Back to School for OAPSE Members The strike’s over at OAPSE Local 390 at Claymont City Schools in Ohio now that... (Blog)