Latest News »More News »
- Mar 06 AFSCME President Lee Saunders on the West Virginia Teachers’ Strike
- Jul 13 School board rejects plan to privatize food services At a contentious July 6 meeting, the board rejected a bid by Chartwells, a food-... (Long Beach Herald)
- Apr 27 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on Trump Executive Order on the Role of Federal Government in Education
- Feb 01 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on DeVos Nomination
- Aug 22 John Oliver: Failing Charter Schools May Ruin Kids’ Futures Charter schools receive approximately $7,000 per enrolled student, and the lack of oversight in some... (Inverse)
- Aug 15 OP-ED: PRIVATIZING PUBLIC SCHOOL CUSTODIANS AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT As members of the Healthy Schools Now coalition, we are concerned about the impact of... (NJ Spotlight)
In Action »More In Action »
- Feb 01 AFSCME Parents Rejoice as Teachers Secure Win to Improve Education The teachers went on strike to highlight the many ways in which their students were being shortchanged.
- Jan 17 AFSCME Members Join CA Teachers on Picket Line The teachers, members of United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA), are standing up for high-quality education... (Blog)
- Jun 12 MA Local Blocks School Bus Service Privatization Scheme One Massachusetts local blocked a misguided plan to privatize bus services offered by the public... (Blog)
- May 30 Privatization Plan Defeated in NH Members of an AFSCME local in New Hampshire fought off a school district’s proposal to... (Blog)
- May 14 Meet an Amazing Public Service Worker The story of this one public service worker shows the amazing and unique contributions AFSCME members make to their communities every day.
- May 08 AFSCME Fights Pension Cost-of-Living Freeze in Ohio OAPSE/AFSCME Local 4 members are standing up for thousands of retirees who are already struggling to get by.