Latest News »More News »
- Oct 11 Pay gap creating crisis in human services sector, agencies say Some Justice Resource Institute staff work in the same building as state employees who are... (Worcester Business Journal)
- Oct 10 More than 70 foster children missing in Kansas Lawmakers were concerned that Kansas Department for Children and Families Secretary Phyllis Gilmore appeared unaware... (Wichita Eagle)
- May 09 Complaints about Iowa's privatized Medicaid are spiking Allegations that private companies are terminating and reducing health services of Iowa's poorest and oldest... (Des Moines Register)
- Apr 27 Lobbying ramp-up precedes mental health funding proposal Physical health insurers ramped up lobbying operations and far out-spent their behavioral health counterparts in... (Lansing State Journal)
- Apr 17 Battle may be looming over how quickly foster care bill outsources CPS workers’ duties The Texas House sponsor of the big foster care bill signaled Monday he’s going to... (Dallas Morning News)
- Mar 13 Family: Teen suicides evidence of failure of privatized foster care WLRN-FM reports the death of 14-year-old Naika Venant in January was the second teen suicide... (Palm Beach Post)
In Action »More In Action »
- Jul 27 Never Quit Awardee Did Outstanding Work in Hurricane’s Aftermath Ana Candelario was named the 2018 AFSCME Never Quit Service Award winner at AFSCME 43rd International Convention in Boston this month.
- Jul 10 ‘A Form of Identity Theft’ When a corporate front group misused an AFSCME Council 31 member’s photo, she called the group out on it.
- May 23 How the Plaintiff in Janus v. AFSCME Benefits from His Union Mark Janus, the plaintiff in the Janus v. AFSCME case, benefits from his union. So... (Blog)
- May 23 128 Oregon Workers Say Yes to AFSCME A total of 128 Oregon behavioral health workers say yes to AFSCME. (Blog)
- Mar 27 UCAN Workers Win a Union These workers in Chicago joined together to form a union with AFSCME Council 31.
- Feb 13 We Mourn the Passing of Sister Pamela Knight We mourn the loss of Sister Pamela Knight, a child protection investigator for the state... (Blog)
- OHSA Guidelines for Prevention Workplace Violence for Healthcare and Social Service Workers
- An Experiment That Has Failed: Privatization of Child Welfare in Nebraska
- AFSCME Resolutions related to Human Services
- AFSCME Information Highway: Human Services
- Child Welfare League of America: Recommended Caseload Standards
- OSHA Guidelines for Preventing Workplace Violence for Health Care & Social Service Workers
- Privatization Update: Human Services
- Safety Net for Sale: The Dangers of Privatizing Social Services