Latest News »More News »
- Feb 04 Life Is Hell for Tenants of Giant D.C. Slumlord Sanford Capital Mold, vermin, broken refrigerators and toilets, children and elderly living without heat and air conditioning,... (Washington City Paper)
- Jun 24 Law director, union question city's plan to cut jobs The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has strongly encouraged the city to outsource... (Mansfield News Journal)
- Feb 22 Affordable Housing: Introduction to a Crisis Absent huge investments in affordable housing, a growing number of Californians in the valley a... (Capital & Main)
- Feb 17 About That Big Effort to Raise Private Money for Public Housing in NYC With a nationwide backlog in federal funding for public housing infrastructure – to the tune... (Inside Philanthropy)
- Sep 26 MA: Janitorial firm fined for wage gaffe An East Boston janitorial company has been ordered by Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley to... (The Boston Globe)
- Jun 12 MD: Residents, workers protest housing authority plan to privatize public housing
In Action »More In Action »
- Jan 25 Throwback Thursday: AFSCME Retiree John Henry Lewis AFSCME Retiree John Henry Lewis’ motto is “I’ve retired but I haven’t expired.” He’s still fighting for AFSCME members.
- Sep 05 Finding A Home Through His Public Service Alex Hamilton, a maintenance worker for Sacramento public housing, got a lot farther by working a lot harder in his community through his public service and extraordinary generosity.
- Aug 07 Springfield Housing Authority Workers Fight for Fair Wages, Better Contract The fight for a fair contract continues at the Springfield, Ill., Housing Authority.
- Jun 05 Laura Fulmer Takes Her Job Seriously. Her Community Loves Her for It Never Quit Award winner Laura Fulmer is serious about her job as a Housing Code Enforcement Officer. Her community is very appreciative.
- May 19 AFSCME Members Help Twin Cities Renters Find Better, Safer Homes Members of AFSCME Local 668 (Minnesota Council 5) are helping low-income families find a decent... (Blog)
- Jun 01 The Main Street Movement Fights over budgets, pensions and public services are really a battle for the American Dream. (AFSCME Works Magazine)
- Privatization/Outsourcing update
- National Low Income Housing Coalition
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO)
- Council of Large Public Housing Authorities (CLPHA)
- Public Housing Authorities Directors Associations (PHADA)
- National Housing Law Project
- Davis-Bacon (DBRA) Requirements for Public Housing Workers
- AFSCME Information Highway: Housing