Latest News »More News »
- Oct 24 UCLA student groups advocate for medical center valet workers Victoria Salgado, an organizer at Local 3299, said many workers are concerned for their job... (Daily Bruin)
- Oct 08 Valet workers transferred from UCLA fear insourcing, loss of benefits “The issue here is that these workers were being shorted on wages – it was... (Daily Bruin)
- Feb 01 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on DeVos Nomination
- Aug 15 Tennessee Democrats And A Union Say They Want Proof Outsourcing Works Before There’s More Of It Tennessee Democrats and a union that represents campus workers are calling on Gov. Bill Haslam... (Nashville Public Radio)
- Jun 10 Sen. Warren Slams For-profit College Accreditor for ‘Appalling Record of Failure’ Warren released a detailed report today on embattled for-profit accreditor, ACICS, urging federal government to... (ProPublica)
- Oct 01 UC system is shortchanging low-wage contract workers
In Action »More In Action »
- Dec 06 A Community Rallies Behind AFSCME Member’s Effort to Help Puerto Rico When Hurricanes Maria and Irma struck, AFSCME member Gardy Domenech began a modest relief drive. He had no idea how his community in Mansfield, Pennsylvania, would rally behind him.
- Oct 25 “A Struggle Our Union Has Been Waging for Decades” AFSCME President Lee Saunders and Secretary-Treasurer Elissa McBride joined University of California strikers in their fight against outsourcing, wage inequality and more.
- Oct 03 University of California Employees Mulling Second Strike of the Year The strike vote, set for later this month, follows a three-day walkout by 53,000 UC... (Blog)
- Jul 05 A Long, Hard-Earned Victory for Bay Area Community College Workers Support staff at one California community college district are celebrating a strong contract that followed an arduous negotiating process.
- May 08 University of California Workers Strike for Fair Pay and Respect on the Job Members of AFSCME Local 3299 who work for the University of California are on strike.
- Apr 30 AFSCME Fights Outsourcing at the University of Washington AFSCME members in Washington state are fighting to prevent outsourcing of laundry services at the... (Blog)