Latest News »More News »
- Oct 24 UCLA student groups advocate for medical center valet workers Victoria Salgado, an organizer at Local 3299, said many workers are concerned for their job... (Daily Bruin)
- Oct 08 Valet workers transferred from UCLA fear insourcing, loss of benefits “The issue here is that these workers were being shorted on wages – it was... (Daily Bruin)
- Feb 01 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on DeVos Nomination
- Aug 15 Tennessee Democrats And A Union Say They Want Proof Outsourcing Works Before There’s More Of It Tennessee Democrats and a union that represents campus workers are calling on Gov. Bill Haslam... (Nashville Public Radio)
- Jun 10 Sen. Warren Slams For-profit College Accreditor for ‘Appalling Record of Failure’ Warren released a detailed report today on embattled for-profit accreditor, ACICS, urging federal government to... (ProPublica)
- Oct 01 UC system is shortchanging low-wage contract workers
In Action »More In Action »
- Apr 11 Thousands of UC Workers Unite Against Unfair Labor Practices The Wednesday strike came after the unions filed an unfair labor practice (ULP) charge against... (Blog)
- Mar 26 Oregon Graduate Researchers Working Toward First Contract First was the fight to unionize. Now some Oregon graduate students are putting together their... (Blog)
- Mar 25 AFSCME Members Join University of California Strike for Day of Solidarity When UPTE’s research and technical workers went on strike starting Wednesday, about 5,000 AFSCME members... (Blog)
- Mar 18 Barbara Jacobs: A Half Century of Service A mail clerk at The Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Jacobs has been a welcome presence for the academy’s cadets throughout her nearly 50-year career.
- Mar 08 AFSCME Joins ‘Fund Our Future’ Campaign in Support of Quality Public Education The ambitious new effort launched by the American Federation of Teachers seeks high-quality public education for all.
- Dec 06 A Community Rallies Behind AFSCME Member’s Effort to Help Puerto Rico When Hurricanes Maria and Irma struck, AFSCME member Gardy Domenech began a modest relief drive. He had no idea how his community in Mansfield, Pennsylvania, would rally behind him.