Latest News »More News »
- Oct 10 Consultant: BRF lacks cash, experience to adequately manage hospitals Biomedical Research Foundation’s lack of cash could cause the state to lose funding for free... (KTBS)
- Sep 30 Future of Frederick County’s mental health clinic in flux as responsibility for services changes On Oct. 2, the department’s methadone program will be handed off to Concerted Care Group,... (Frederick News-Post)
- Aug 23 Kansas Lawmaker Leary Of Plans To Privatize Osawatomie The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services has unveiled a proposal to build a... (KMUW)
- May 09 Complaints about Iowa's privatized Medicaid are spiking Allegations that private companies are terminating and reducing health services of Iowa's poorest and oldest... (Des Moines Register)
- Apr 27 Lobbying ramp-up precedes mental health funding proposal Physical health insurers ramped up lobbying operations and far out-spent their behavioral health counterparts in... (Lansing State Journal)
- Aug 25 Advice for people living in or traveling to South Florida
In Action »More In Action »
- Nov 27 Oregon Behavioral Health Workers Vote Overwhelmingly to Join AFSCME They become the latest in a wave of therapists, case managers, peers, support staff and... (Blog)
- Nov 19 AFSCME Supports Bill Curbing Workplace Violence The bill would help protect hospital, psychiatric, behavioral health care, EMS workers and others by requiring the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) to issue a federal worker-protection standard.
- Oct 25 “A Struggle Our Union Has Been Waging for Decades” AFSCME President Lee Saunders and Secretary-Treasurer Elissa McBride joined University of California strikers in their fight against outsourcing, wage inequality and more.
- Aug 22 Contract Negotiations Underway, Workers at UMass Memorial Excited and Hopeful “I think it’s exciting that we’re going to be able to share our input with the administration and I’m hoping that we’ll reach an agreement.”
- Aug 10 MD Behavioral Health Workers Organize to Save Jobs, Block Unfair Relocation Maryland behavioral health care workers banded together and successfully fought a proposal to relocate their... (Blog)
- Aug 02 NYC’s Public Health Network Agrees to Convert Many Temps to FT Jobs After months of intense negotiations, the union has inked a deal with NYC Health +... (Blog)