Latest News »More News »
- May 09 Alaska has an obligation to provide for families of those who die in the line of duty
- Nov 12 Funding a Must for Response to Public Health Emergencies AFSCME Supports Emergency Funding to Address Ebola Crisis (Press Release)
- Oct 22 Tightened Guidance for U.S. Healthcare Workers on Personal Protective Equipment for Ebola The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is tightening previous infection control guidance for... (CDC)
- Jun 09 OSHA schedules stakeholder meeting to consider proposed standard to protect safety, health of emergency responders The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has scheduled an informal stakeholder meeting to gather information... (U.S. Department of Labor)
- May 28 OSHA Launches Campaign to Prevent Heat Illness in Outdoor Workers
- May 27 AFSCME Lauds Representative Lynch’s Bill Establishing National EMS Memorial, Urges Swift Passage AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today urging Congress to take action on the H.R. 4690, a bill to establish a National EMS Memorial. (Press Release)
In Action »More In Action »
- Nov 29 As Fires Burned in California, AFSCME Members Helped and Were Helped As the death toll continues to rise and as smoke engulfs nearby cities, AFSCME members have stepped up to help – often at great personal sacrifice.
- Oct 24 DC 37 and the City Agree on Unlimited Paid Sick Leave for 9/11 Heroes After weeks of intense negotiations, the union won a landmark victory for our 9/11 first... (Blog)
- Aug 21 For Washington, D.C., Private EMS Workers – a New Contract and a Path Forward The EMS professionals at American Medical Response (AMR) ambulance service in Washington, D.C., recently ratified their first contract.
- Aug 01 A Seat at the Table for EMS Workers in Prescott, Arizona “We have a voice at the table with someone fighting for us."
- Jul 03 Remembering Joe Patterson of Ohio Council 8 Patterson will be remembered for many things, but his fellow firefighters and emergency medical technicians... (Blog)
- May 21 EMS Week: Acknowledging EMS Professionals EMS Week is a chance to acknowledge and thank EMS professionals for their skill, bravery... (Blog)