Latest News »More News »
- May 09 Alaska has an obligation to provide for families of those who die in the line of duty
- Nov 12 Funding a Must for Response to Public Health Emergencies AFSCME Supports Emergency Funding to Address Ebola Crisis (Press Release)
- Oct 22 Tightened Guidance for U.S. Healthcare Workers on Personal Protective Equipment for Ebola The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is tightening previous infection control guidance for... (CDC)
- Jun 09 OSHA schedules stakeholder meeting to consider proposed standard to protect safety, health of emergency responders The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has scheduled an informal stakeholder meeting to gather information... (U.S. Department of Labor)
- May 28 OSHA Launches Campaign to Prevent Heat Illness in Outdoor Workers
- May 27 AFSCME Lauds Representative Lynch’s Bill Establishing National EMS Memorial, Urges Swift Passage AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today urging Congress to take action on the H.R. 4690, a bill to establish a National EMS Memorial. (Press Release)
In Action »More In Action »
- Sep 04 Imperial County Emergency Medical Services Workers Join AFSCME Taking a page from Riverside EMS workers, EMS professionals in Imperial County also took action... (Blog)
- Jul 31 New Southern California EMS Contract to Set Standard for the Industry It wasn’t easy, but EMS workers in Riverside, California, reached a contract with American Medical... (Blog)
- Jul 24 At Last. Congress Authorizes Permanent 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Congress has authorized permanent funding for the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund after years of efforts... (Blog)
- Jul 10 42 Years of Honorable Service – 9/11 Responder Honored During Retirement We honor Jim Tucciarelli, a 9/11 first responder and advocate for Ground Zero workers, who retired last week.
- May 21 In No Uncertain Terms During EMS Week, AFSCME recognizes the skill and dedication shown by EMS professionals. (Blog)
- Apr 10 EMS Workers in Las Vegas File for a Union Election Nearly 400 EMS workers at AMR Las Vegas, a private company, are demanding a union election at their worksite.