Latest News »More News »
- May 09 Alaska has an obligation to provide for families of those who die in the line of duty
- Nov 12 Funding a Must for Response to Public Health Emergencies AFSCME Supports Emergency Funding to Address Ebola Crisis (Press Release)
- Oct 22 Tightened Guidance for U.S. Healthcare Workers on Personal Protective Equipment for Ebola The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is tightening previous infection control guidance for... (CDC)
- Jun 09 OSHA schedules stakeholder meeting to consider proposed standard to protect safety, health of emergency responders The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has scheduled an informal stakeholder meeting to gather information... (U.S. Department of Labor)
- May 28 OSHA Launches Campaign to Prevent Heat Illness in Outdoor Workers
- May 27 AFSCME Lauds Representative Lynch’s Bill Establishing National EMS Memorial, Urges Swift Passage AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders issued the following statement today urging Congress to take action on the H.R. 4690, a bill to establish a National EMS Memorial. (Press Release)
In Action »More In Action »
- Apr 10 EMS Workers in Las Vegas File for a Union Election Nearly 400 EMS workers at AMR Las Vegas, a private company, are demanding a union election at their worksite.
- Apr 02 New Mexico Council 18 Welcomes Newest EMS Members The unit of almost 30 workers held an election from March 5-9 to join with... (Blog)
- Mar 14 A Life-Changing Call Leads to a Life of Service Now, 18 years later, Glodo, a member of AFSCME Local 1180, is proud to still... (Blog)
- Mar 07 A Vital Link in the Chain 911 dispatchers save lives. Unfortunately, their contributions to the emergency response system are often overlooked. A new bill co-sponsored by former AFSCME member Rep. Norma Torres (D-CA) will change that.
- Feb 26 AFSCME Supports Bill to Ensure Permanent Funding for 9/11 Responders AFSCME is urging Congress to pass legislation to ensure permanent funding of the 9/11 Victim... (Blog)
- Feb 07 AFSCME: The Union for EMS Workers EMS is one of the most dangerous professions in the country. Unfortunately, the EMTs and paramedics who put their lives on the line every day are up against a broken system.