Latest News »More News »
- Jun 18 Universal Child Care Bill Will Help Hardworking Families
- Jul 13 School board rejects plan to privatize food services At a contentious July 6 meeting, the board rejected a bid by Chartwells, a food-... (Long Beach Herald)
- Feb 23 Community unites against privatizing transportation in local school district With a deficit in its budget, the Ishpeming Public School District has been looking for... (ABC 10)
- Feb 01 AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders on DeVos Nomination
- Oct 03 NYC day care $145M deal hikes pay for staffers City day care providers and their staffers have reached a $145 million deal to provide... (New York Daily News)
- Mar 24 Five out of Six Eligible Children Unable to Access Child Care Assistance In 2011, only 17 percent—or one in six children—eligible under federal rules actually received any... (CLASP)
In Action »More In Action »
- Oct 31 On the Record: Child Care for All Thanks to a new state law, California child care providers have collective bargaining rights – the freedom to negotiate for better compensation and benefits, the ability to stand together in a strong union.
- Oct 25 A Celebration for California’s Child Care Providers California child care workers celebrate winning collective bargaining rights, joined by their governor and AFSCME President Lee Saunders.
- Jul 15 Paying it Forward in Parma Never Quit Award Winner Annie Hoffman brings a laugh and a smile to her students’ and co-workers’ faces.
- Feb 15 Child Care Workers Stand Together for Better Early Education “Having a union means the state agencies can’t just do whatever they want. We are... (Blog)
- Jul 09 Unionized Child Care Workers March Up ‘Canyon Of Heroes’ Demanding Wage Equality Early childhood educators and other staff in New York City held a large rally to... (Blog)
- Oct 27 PA Child Care Providers Push for Fair Funding In Philadelphia, AFSCME members are demanding adequate state funding for child care and early education.
- Child Care Aware’s Parents and the High Cost of Child Care with state data (2015)
- State by State Fact Sheets: Implementing CCDBG Reauthorization
- Implementing the Child Care and Development Block Grant Reauthorization: A Guide For State
- High Quality Child Care Is Out of Reach for Working Families
- AFSCME Resolutions related to Early Childhood Care and Education
- NWLC Report on Family Child Care and Unionization (2013 Update)
- NWLC Report on State Reimbursement Rates (2015)
- CLASP – Child Care Assistance Spending and Participation in 2014
- Training Resources For Family Child Care Providers
- Child Care Providers and AFSCME: Leading the way to better care and better lives