To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
|Salary:||Starts at $68,797|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||January 22, 2020|
This position is responsible for editing compelling member and issue focused stories for online platforms, paid advertising and live screening. Responsible for juggling tight-turnaround videos with longer-term projects, handling multiple video projects simultaneously. Position also requires a high level of proficiency in motion graphics for the creation of bumpers, slates and short animated videos. Candidate must demonstrate experience in all aspects of digital video production including camera operation, production and audio recording.
- Responsible for editing video content and creating original motion graphics to educate and impact key issues affecting AFSCME members and working families.
- Serves as part of communications team that promotes the stories of AFSCME and its members.
- Works with media consultants on specific projects.
- Conducts staff and member trainings on online video and editing.
- Assist in maintaining video production studio and equipment.
- Assists in all video asset management and archiving activities.
- Assist and occasionally lead in working between departments and with outside vendors to produce videos. Includes but not limited to scheduling, location scouting and pre-interviewing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in film or electronic media production, journalism, communications with three to five years of experience or a combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder.
- Experience producing and filming on-location in dynamic conditions.
- Experience using professional digital HD video equipment and accessories and experience shooting with multiple cameras and formats.
- Comfort with creating and editing in traditional and non-traditional video formats.
- Familiarity with editing multicamera shoots and assisting in live video production.
- Professional experience with television monitoring/recording technologies.
- Strong understanding of digital media trends.
- Ability to travel for AFSCME business, including political and organizing campaigns required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: January 22, 2020