To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Research Librarian I
|Department:||Research & Collective Bargaining|
|Grade:||United Staff Union — Grade 8|
|Salary:||Starts at $72,447|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||November 06, 2018|
This position is responsible for researching, retrieving, analyzing, and disseminating information from the resource library or online databases of the AFSCME Information Center in response to requests and may select and catalog library materials.
- Researches, retrieves, analyzes and disseminates information from the resource library or online databases in response to requests.
- Researches, selects and independently assembles and distributes articles for the Privatization and Info Highway blogs and the Regional Updates.
- May create other blogs as needed. Researches and recommends books, periodicals and other information sources to be purchased for the AFSCME Information Center Library.
- May act as the technical liaison for the electronic library catalog.
- May catalog and classify library materials and assists with archiving and elimination of materials.
- Maintains and provides information on arbitrators to assist affiliate staff in making selection decisions.
- May draft fact sheets, user guides, and other documentation on internal and external electronic communications to foster user self-sufficiency.
- Remains knowledgeable on issues affecting AFSCME members.
- May assist in conducting presentations at convention or conferences.
- May supervise clerical support staff.
- Performs other general duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university; an advanced degree in library science is strongly preferred, and three (3) – five (5) years of experience in a library which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of library operations and procedures.
- Experience with computerized library information systems and related software programs.
- Knowledge of labor relations issues in the public sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and effectively manage multiple requests.
- Ability to relate to requestors' needs and promote cooperation.
- Ability to perform sound research and make logical conclusions.
- Skilled in the use of computers with the ability to abstract and analyze data.
- Experienced use of information gathering, storing and disseminating software.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Posting Date: November 6, 2018