|Affiliate:||AFSCME Council 17|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Salary:||Starts at $40,000|
|Posting Date:||December 09, 2019|
- Places, answers, screens and redirects telephone calls.
- Performs administrative duties, receives visitors, determines need, and assists where appropriate.
- Receives opens, date stamps, and distribute mail. Prioritizes incoming mail and handles routine requests.
- Prepares correspondence such as letters, memos, reports, and other documents according to guidelines. Proofreads for accuracy, grammar, and punctuation.
- Inventories and order supplies.
- Establishes and maintains office files.
- Bookkeeping duties (assisting and dues allocation, bank statements, and deposits).
- Maintain membership database.
- Performs other assigned duties as required.
- Background described would normally be obtained through a combination of high school education (or equivalent) and office experience, including the proficient use of software programs to provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of office equipment, such as copier, telephone and fax machines and other similar machinery.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to proofread and compose simple correspondence.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to type 40 – 45 wpm.
- Excellent communication skills.
Starting Date: December 9, 2019
Salary is $40,000. Excellent benefits package.
Lloyd Permaul, Council 17 Deputy Administrator: email@example.com
Or mail to: AFSCME Council 17
3888 South Sherwood Forest Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
No Walk Ins Accepted