|Affiliate:||AFSCME Texas Retirees|
|Salary:||Starts at 60,000-65,000|
|Posting Date:||January 08, 2020|
The LO is responsible for all aspects of running organizing campaigns, including targeting, planning, and leading their implementation. The LO identifies activist members and establishes regional sub-divisions. The LO provides organizing support to members, including the recruitment of new members. In addition, the LO coordinates with the chapter’s board, staff, membership, other labor organizations, and state elected officials.
Who should apply?
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college is desirable and up to 3 years of experience in union, political or community organizing; or any combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel and work extended hours is necessary. Valid driver’s license required.
- A self-starter with demonstrated experience in planning and directing organizing campaigns.
- Strategic judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Experience organizing membership meetings.
- Experience training and developing volunteer members.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency with social media.
- Comfortable working with retirees.
- Familiarity with the Texas state legislature and its agencies.
- Spanish skills desirable.
$60,000 to $65,000 depending on experience and qualifications. Anticipated start date is March 1, 2020. Hours may include working evenings and weekends when necessary. Frequent travel within Texas is required. Benefits include health insurance and a 401(k)with employer match up to 5%.
Send a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, fax to (512) 467-4644, or mail to AFSCME Texas Retirees, 1812 Centre Creek Dr., Suite 130, Austin, TX 78754.
AFSCME Texas Retirees is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, does not discriminate an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.