|Affiliate:||UDWA/AFSCME Local 3930|
|Location:||CA Central Valley|
|Posting Date:||August 22, 2019|
The IT Technician will assist the Director of IT in implementing development of IT projects, determined by the Executive Director and executive management team.
CA Central Valley, preferably Merced, Madera or Bakersfield
UDWA Providers Union/AFSCME Local 3930 is a statewide labor union that represents more than 110,000 home care providers in 21 counties in California. Founded in 1979, UDWA is a diverse, progressive labor organization that seeks dynamic, committed individuals who will support our members and those for whom they care locally, statewide and at the national level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive IT services to twelve offices located throughout the state.
- Diagnose, analyze and develop IT solutions for personnel equipment including personal computers, iPads and cell phones.
- Organize and maintain all computational equipment acquired by the union, keeping it in good working condition.
- Administer the unions server network by maintaining optimal networking execution.
- Diagnose computer problems, monitor computer processing systems, install software and perform tests on computer equipment and programs.
- Set up computer equipment, schedule maintenance and provide program training.
- Coordinate specific data processes between external tools and local databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- One to three years related experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Windows server, SQL and computer operating systems including Windows & Macintosh applications.
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, internet applications and security software including ESET.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience in computer hardware and software repair.
- Knowledge of software applications including but not limited to Dell SonicWALL Firewalls, VMWare, IP phone systems, robocall systems, various audio/video equipment.
- Ability to work independently while prioritizing and accomplishing work
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Extensive travel throughout California.
- Occasional weekend work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To Apply for This Position:
Mail, email or fax a detailed resume, cover letter, a one-page writing sample and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
In subject: Title of Position (applying for)
UDWA/AFSCME Local 3930
c/o Human Resources
4855 Seminole Drive
San Diego, CA 92115
Fax: (619) 640-9903
Attn: Human Resources