To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Field Office Assistant I
|Department:||Organizing & Field Services|
|Grade:||USU Field Support Grade A1|
|Salary:||Starts at $33,604|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||April 02, 2019|
This is an area office support position and the responsibilities may vary among offices. The level of activity and the number of staff in each office determines the level of support that is required.
- Places, answers, screens and redirects telephone calls.
- Performs administrative duties, receives visitors, determines need and assists where appropriate.
- Receives, opens, date stamps and distributes mail. Prioritizes incoming mail and handles routine requests.
- Prepares correspondence such as letters, memos, reports and other documents according to guidelines. Proofreads for accuracy, grammar, and punctuation. Duplicates and circulates documents.
- Prepares APT forms, ensuring accuracy of EAF numbers and forwards to the International for processing.
- Inventories and orders supplies.
- Makes hotel and airline reservations as requested. Prepares travel itinerary and confirms all plans.
- Makes arrangements for conferences and organizing meetings.
- Assists in preparation of APTs for submission to headquarters for processing. May serve as a liaison to vendors to resolve payment discrepancies
- Enters and tracks attendance, expense reports, travel authorizations, and leave requests. Filing as needed.
- Maintains postage meter machine.
- Establishes and maintains office files, as well as follows the established archive retention schedule.
- Maintains monthly and quarterly project reports. Responsible for follow-up with staff on budget and recordkeeping needs
- Maintains electronic files for organizing and budgetary purposes (includes entering new data, updating or modifying existing data and ensuring quality control of record entry). Runs various pre-established reports from budgetary and organizing files. Creates or modifies file and report formats. Uses Microsoft Office software for letters, reports and basic leaflets. Performs standard file maintenance to ensure that information is protected from loss.
- Performs other assigned duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Background described would normally be obtained through a combination of high school education (or equivalent) and office experience, including the proficient use of software programs to provide the following knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of office equipment, such as copier, telephone and fax machines and other similar machinery.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to proofread and compose simple correspondence.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing and spread sheet software.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical computations.
- Ability to type 40-45 wpm.
- Communication skills sufficient to exchange routine information.
**A Skills Assessment may be required of all candidates. **
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org