To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Digital Communications Specialist – 2 Positions
|Grade:||United Staff Union — Grade 7|
|Salary:||Starts at $67,119|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||May 10, 2019|
This position will be responsible for supporting all aspects of AFSCME’s Digital team. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Digital and Video, this position will assist in the creation, production and maintenance of online content used to support legislative, political, organizing, and fundraising communications.
- Monitors, updates and creates content for organizational profiles on social media platforms.
- Supports the development of digital materials for legislative, political, organizing and other campaigns.
- Supports all digital programs including email, social media, text messaging and paid marketing.
- Produces well-written, concise digital messaging that supports larger organizational initiatives for social media, email and text messaging programs.
- Works with Digital team to provide support and training to affiliates, specifically as related to digital programs.
- Supports the development, troubleshooting, testing and launch online platforms.
- Compiles website, email and social networking analytics into reports.
- Optimizes online content to achieve best performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in communications, journalism, political science or liberal arts.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience in online communications or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- A demonstrated ability to use online tools to communicate with and motivate target groups to take action, including email, text messaging, social media and paid marketing.
- Experience creating engaging content for online consumption.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management system (e.g. Action Network).
- Robust digital writing skills, with the ability to condense information and convey it clearly and concisely. Ability to train staff with varying skill levels on the use of digital tools.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop. Experience using Excel to compile analytics reports.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate and work well with staff at all levels and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle heavy workload, juggle competing priorities and work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, superior attention to detail, and critical thinking skills needed.
- Interest in the labor movement and progressive social change.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), such as WordPress and/or Drupal.
- Knowledge of database management.
- Familiarity with digital advertising, such as Facebook Ads Manager.
- Knowledge of digital project management software, methodologies, processes and workflows.