To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Assistant PEOPLE Coordinator
|Grade:||USU Grade 6|
|Salary:||Starts at $62,126|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||December 19, 2018|
This position is responsible for assisting the Political Action Department in implementing programs that support the political action objectives and fundraising goals of AFSCME.
- Provides operational support to the department,and assists with PEOPLE fundraising campaign activities.
- Assists with strategic development of the PEOPLE program including affiliate programs, IU initiatives, digital and other fundraising programs.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director, works directly with affiliate leaders and staff to develop, implement and track PEOPLE programs.
- Responsible for producing reports on fundraising activities as requested.
- Represents AFSCME at various conferences and meetings for the purpose of promoting PEOPLE programs and drives.
- Assist with development and production of program materials, including pamphlets, flyers, training materials, clothing items and more.
- Works across departments, including data and analytics to ensure proper tracking of program participants, and communications, to implement digital solicitation and maintenance programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in Labor Relations, Political Science or Government.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of unions and their political action and fundraising activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment and supervise administrative staff.
- Must be able to complete assignments and meet departmental deadlines.
- Knowledge of applications and computer software associated with digital communications, databases, spreadsheets, documents, presentations, and other office suite programs.
- Strong writing and oral communications skills. Knowledge of FEC laws and regulations.
- Proven effectives in public speaking, campaign plan-writing and budgeting, running meetings, and holding training seminars.
- Ability to work under pressure within tight
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.