To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
|Grade:||OPEIU Grade A7|
|Salary:||Starts at 54,935|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||April 16, 2019|
This position processes, inputs, reconciles and analyzes a variety of financial and accounting transactions and information ranging from simple to complex according to Union and department policies and procedures. Utilizes accounting software systems, spreadsheets and word processing software to perform required tasks. Prepares and works with complex worksheets that are developed from source documents and accounting data systems for analysis and reporting. Creates schedules, reports and analyses for review by supervisory staff. Communicates with affiliates, vendors, and staff by telephone, email and memos. Maintains records, logs, and files of transactions and activities. Additional duties include:
- Performs all accounting functions for the AFSCME PEOPLE Committee.
- Prepares monthly PEOPLE Committee financial statements and quarterly Board reports.
- Prepares schedules as needed for monthly and annual internal and external financial reporting.
- Creates, reviews and keys journal entries into the general ledger.
- Resolves issues arising from file-upload, systems-integration, and manual data-entry processes.
- Provides guidance, training, and task-assignment to Accounting staff.
- Performs monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Processes check inquiries and stop payments.
- Updates stale check list and follow up with A/P for resolution.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Prepares all FEC filings for the AFSCME PEOPLE Committee.
- Prepares daily deposits to PEOPLE bank accounts; enter cash receipts into PEOPLE accounting system.
- Audits PEOPLE contributions from AFSCME members; identifies contributions required to be itemized.
- Researches documentation supporting PEOPLE receipts and disbursements.
- Works with AFSCME departments and affiliates to match PEOPLE receipts and supporting documents.
- Prepares weekly cash position report for all general ledger cash accounts.
Education & Experience:
- Two-year college degree in Accounting and five years of experience in an accounting environment performing a variety of tasks or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Five years’ experience in an accounting environment performing a variety of tasks which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks while working with minimal supervision and managing time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Has demonstrated a high degree of organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail and workflow.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with a personal computer, MS Office Suite and PC accounting software is required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software is desirable.
- Occasional overtime is required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
**A Skills Assessment may be required of all candidates. **