- Fact Sheet: ContractingProponents of privatization claim that the private sector can do a better job at a cheaper price. But experience shows that privatization often leads to increased costs for the public and reduced accountability to taxpayers.
- Fact Sheet: Higher EducationState funding for higher education has been on the decline for decades. But privatization-based cost saving measures lead to a loss of accountability, fail to save money and lower the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
- Fact Sheet: OutsourcingOutsourcing is promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up so-called “unaccountable bureaucracies.” But in reality, it often fails on all counts, especially in attempts to outsource human and social services.
- Fact Sheet: Public-Private PartnershipsPublic-private partnerships privatize valuable public assets such as roads and bridges to guarantee long-term returns to financiers at the expense of taxpayers.
- Fact Sheet: PrisonsPrivate prisons are more dangerous for inmates and staff, and often fail to deliver the savings they promise.
- Fact Sheet: SchoolsOutsourcing school support services generally leads to a loss of accountability, fails to save money and lowers the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
- Fact Sheet: InfrastructureInfrastructure privatization can actually increase costs for a city and its residents, eliminate accountability
to the public, and compromise the quality of critical services that residents regularly rely on.
- Digging For Dollars: A Guide To Local Government Revenues
- Put Down That Ax: Alternatives To Layoffs
- Power Tools to Fight PrivatizationThese valuable publications will give you the tools you need to help fight back against efforts to privatize public services.
- Making a KillingAn in-depth look at the private prison industry: violence, escapes, cash flow and some politicians’ plans to make our communities less safe and more prone to violent crime
- Florida's Experiment with Privatizing Child Welfare Services
- Taking Them for a Ride: An Assessment of the Privatization of School Transportation in Ohio's Public School Districts
- Schools for Sale: The Privatization of Non-Instructional School Services
- Government for Sale: An Examination of the Contracting Out of State and Local Government Services
- Shady Deals in the Sunshine State: The Florida Model of Privatization
- Safety Net for Sale: The Dangers of Privatizing Social Services
- The Evidence Is Clear: Crime Shouldn't Pay