Across the country, AFSCME represents thousands of immigrant workers, and we represent thousands more who serve immigrant communities. We understand first-hand the negative impact of our broken immigration system. We are leading the charge to pass common-sense immigration legislation that creates a roadmap to citizenship for aspiring Americans.
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services: Citizenship Resource Center
- We Rise! Adelante! AFL-CIO Immigration Implementation website and resources
- Tackling the Tough Questions on Immigration
- Immigrants and Immigration: Answering the Tough Questions
- AFSCME Resolutions related to Immigration
- Fact Sheet: Immigration Reform
- Sample Immigration Event Media Advisory
- Sample Immigration Event Opinion Editorial
- Sample Immigration Event Letter to the Editor
- Sample Immigration Event Talking Points
- Jul 23AFSCME Letter to U.S. House Urging Support for the Humanitarian Standards for CBP Detention Act (H.R. 3239)
- Jun 03AFSCME Letter to U.S. House Urging Support for the Dream and Promise Act of 2019 (H.R. 6)
- Apr 03AFSCME Letter to U.S. House Urging Support for H.J. Res. 46This resolution would terminate the emergency declaration arbitrarily imposed by President Trump for the purpose of building a wall on the southern border.
- Dec 11 For a Nation on the Edge and in the Margins, There Are Swindles or Solutions Donald Trump is boiling years of extremist attacks on working people, immigrants and the poor... (Medium)
- Nov 26 Congress Should Respect Our Great Nation of Immigrants What our nation needs is for Congress to do its job and pass a bill.... (The Huffington Post)