Moving Forward on Ensuring Affordable Care for All
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) expands access to health insurance for millions of Americans. Millions of people have enrolled in new health care plans and Medicaid/CHIP. In addition, the law creates guaranteed protections and puts into place comprehensive insurance reforms. Now, thanks to the ACA, insurance companies can no longer deny anyone coverage due to pre-existing conditions; children up to the age of 26 can remain on their parents’ health care policies; and millions of seniors have access to free cancer screenings and get help with their prescription drug costs.
- Fact Sheet: AFSCME Opposes Heartless Senate Health Care Bill
- Fact Sheet: Repeal of the Affordable Care Act and Cuts to Medicaid
- What Does the ACA Mean For You?
- Fact Sheet: Retirees and the Affordable Care Act
- Fact Sheet: Medical Loss Ratio Rebates
- Fact Sheet: Women and the Affordable Care Act
- Fact Sheet: Medicaid Expansion
- Fact Sheet: Medicaid In the Balance
- Nov 14 Because They Care: Cedar Haven Workers and Residents Stand for Dignity The workers at Cedar Haven nursing home are waging a struggle to provide the best... (Huffington Post)
- Jun 13 Nurse on Front Lines Sees Value of Health-Care Act Labor and delivery nurse Pat Waller has devoted her career to taking care of pregnant... (Columbus Dispatch)
- May 30 Editorial: Trump should put consumers first in Zika deal The Trump Administration, led by a president who repeatedly boasts that his business acumen will... (Boston Globe)
- May 18 Health insurers plan big Obamacare rate hikes — and they blame Trump Health insurers across the country are making plans to raise Obamacare premiums or exit marketplaces... (Los Angeles Times)
- Apr 27 Lobbying ramp-up precedes mental health funding proposal Physical health insurers ramped up lobbying operations and far out-spent their behavioral health counterparts in... (Lansing State Journal)
- Nov 23 Trump: Where the Rubber Hits the Road If your family anything like mine, there will be plenty of lively debate about politics... (Huffington Post)
- May 09 Alaska has an obligation to provide for families of those who die in the line of duty
- Apr 06 Privatization of Medicare: Urgency of the Latest Threat This is a dangerous time for Medicare. The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of... (The Huffinton Post)
- Jun 27 The Incompetence Dogma: So Much for Obamacare Not Working Have you been following the news about Obamacare? The Affordable Care Act has receded from... (The New York Times)
- Jun 20 New Data on Affordable Care Act (ACA) Shows it is Making Coverage Affordable The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released data this week showing the... (AFSCME Federal Legislative Report)
- Feb 07 Debate Over Impact of the Affordable Care Act on the Labor Market
- Feb 03 Study Finds Affordable Care Act Improves Incomes of the Bottom 20%
- Jun 07AFSCME Council 5 Letter to U.S. House of Representatives In Support of CCBHCThe Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) program offers hope to individuals with severe mental health and substance use disorder conditions. Council 5 urges action to avert the June 30 fiscal cliff facing all CCBHCs.
- Jun 07Oregon AFSCME Cuncil 75 CCBHC Letter to U.S. House of Representatives In Support of CCBHC (H.R. 1767)The Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) program offers hope to individuals with severe mental health and substance use disorder conditions. Council 75 urges the passage of H.R. 1767 and extension of the CCBHC program.
- Jun 07AFSCME 1199J Joint CCBHC Letter with CarePlusNJ to U.S. House of Representatives In Support of CCBHCThe Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) program offers hope to individuals with severe mental health and substance use disorder conditions. AFSCME 1199J supports the program's funding model.