Federal Budget & Taxes
Funding Priorities Based on American Values
A budget is a reflection of our priorities as a nation. America's working middle class has sacrificed enough with drastic cuts to services. Tax revenues, which fund these services, are still recovering from their lowest point in over three generations, and tax rates are still at historic lows for the wealthiest Americans. The surefire way to bring fairness and balance to the budget is to create jobs, close corporate tax loopholes and require the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share. The issue we face is a revenue problem and a priorities problem — not a spending problem.
- AFSCME Federal Budget Priorities - 2019
- Report: More Large Corporations Pay Zero Federal Tax due to Republicans’ 2017 Tax Breaks - Spring 2019
- AFSCME Letter to House Ways & Means Committee Opposing GOP Tax Plan
- AFSCME's Federal Budget Priorities - Fall 2017
- President Trump’s Proposed FY 18 Budget Reduces Funds for Public Housing (5/25/17)
- AFSCME Federal Budget Priorities 2017
- AFSCME's Budget Priorities 2016
- Federal Budget Priorities Fact Sheet
- REPORT: A Simple Fix to Make Multinational Corporations Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes
- Fact Sheet: AFSCME Federal Budget Priorities
- May 24AFSCME Letter Endorses “Inclusive Prosperity Act” This bill would impose a Wall Street speculation tax on the sale and purchase of stocks, bonds, or derivatives raising revenues to invest in vital public services and infrastructure, reduce high frequency trading and stock market volatility.
- May 22AFSCME Letter to U.S. House Supporting FY 2020 CJS Appropriations Bill
- May 08AFSCME Letter to U.S. House Urging Support for the FY 2020 Labor-HHS Appropriations BillThis bill would increase funding for vital public programs, strengthening our communities and ensuring that more people have access to quality public services.
- Oct 08 Puerto Rico needs a Marshall Plan America must help Puerto Rico rebuild after Hurricane Maria, just as it did for Europe... (The Hill)
- May 23 Trump Budget Proposes Path to a New Gilded Age President Trump’s new budget should lay to rest any belief that he’s looking out for... (Center on Budget and Policy Priorities)
- May 01 The Art of the Steal: President Trump’s Tax “Reform” Spells Disaster The Trump plan will give a big tax cut to the super wealthy. Put a... (Medium)
- Nov 23 Trump: Where the Rubber Hits the Road If your family anything like mine, there will be plenty of lively debate about politics... (Huffington Post)