Federal Budget & Taxes
Funding Priorities Based on American Values
A budget is a reflection of our priorities as a nation. America's working middle class has sacrificed enough with drastic cuts to services. Tax revenues, which fund these services, are still recovering from their lowest point in over three generations, and tax rates are still at historic lows for the wealthiest Americans. The surefire way to bring fairness and balance to the budget is to create jobs, close corporate tax loopholes and require the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share. The issue we face is a revenue problem and a priorities problem — not a spending problem.
- AFSCME Letter to House Ways & Means Committee Opposing GOP Tax Plan
- AFSCME's Federal Budget Priorities - Fall 2017
- President Trump’s Proposed FY 18 Budget Reduces Funds for Public Housing (5/25/17)
- AFSCME Federal Budget Priorities 2017
- AFSCME's Budget Priorities 2016
- Federal Budget Priorities Fact Sheet
- REPORT: A Simple Fix to Make Multinational Corporations Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes
- Fact Sheet: AFSCME Federal Budget Priorities
- REPORT: Taxpayers Subsidize America’s Biggest Employer and Richest Family
- Five Things You Should Know on Tax Day
- Sep 12AFSCME Letter to House Ways and Means Committee Opposing H.R. 6760H.R. 6760 provides huge tax break giveaways that disproportionately benefit the wealthiest 1 percent and provides little or nothing to tens of millions of working families.
- Apr 10AFSCME Letter To The U.S. House Opposing H.J. Res 2 - Amending the U.S. Constitution to Require a Balanced BudgetThe proposed constitutional amendment is draconian and would damage the economy, result in job losses, and weaken vital public services that Americans depend on.
- Feb 09Saunders Praises Overdue Bipartisanship on Federal Spending Package
- Oct 08 Puerto Rico needs a Marshall Plan America must help Puerto Rico rebuild after Hurricane Maria, just as it did for Europe... (The Hill)
- May 23 Trump Budget Proposes Path to a New Gilded Age President Trump’s new budget should lay to rest any belief that he’s looking out for... (Center on Budget and Policy Priorities)
- May 01 The Art of the Steal: President Trump’s Tax “Reform” Spells Disaster The Trump plan will give a big tax cut to the super wealthy. Put a... (Medium)
- Nov 23 Trump: Where the Rubber Hits the Road If your family anything like mine, there will be plenty of lively debate about politics... (Huffington Post)